Tuesday, November 3, 2009

34 Week Appointment

I had my 34 week midwife appointment this morning and ended up seeing an amazing locum! She was ace. She was a lot older than the previous midwives and really took the time to listen to what I was saying. She took each of my concerns seriously and congratulated me on my positive birth attitude. She also told me exactly what position my baby is lying in, which I really enjoyed. His head is engaged (not fully though) and his bottom is just under my ribs. His movements, particularly his stretches, make a lot of sense to me now.

Apart from slightly low blood pressure (110/80), the only other area of concern is a minor 'show' that I had last week. I'd shrugged it off until the midwife told me in no uncertain terms that there is no such thing as good blood loss in pregnancy. If it happens again I have to call the doctor straight away. Whoops!

Oh well, only another 4 weeks at work then I can finally relax!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, you had a spot of blood? I would have guessed that you lost your mucus plug. Which is ok, but your 34 weeks, You could easily go another 4 weeks even after losing your plug. Just be cautious tho, if it was your plug loss, birth is right around the corner at any time.
    I think it's beautiful your midwife took the time to explain how your baby is positioned. Any information we can find out about our unborn children is precious.

    ReplyDelete