Monday, August 3, 2009

A weight on my shoulders ...


I have to confess I cried my eyes out tonight. Why? Because I couldn't squeeze into a pair of size 16 maternity trousers in the shops after work, that's why!

I expected to gain some weight during pregnancy (I would have been foolish not to). But growing more than a dress size - so soon - has really knocked me sideways. I've always suffered from a degree of body dysmorphia, and for a period of my life even succumbed to eating disorders. But this had pretty much disappeared by the time I reached my thirties. I'd stopped worrying about what I looked like and learnt to accept my body. But NOW ...

I keep on telling myself that it'll be worth it in the end (and I'm sure it will be) but right now it all seems like a little bit too much too quickly :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment