Friday, June 19, 2009

Well meaning others ...

I've noticed that people feel the need to warn me about what horrors await: sleepless nights; exhaustion; dirty nappies; messy house; lack of money; loss of identity; blah blah blah ... and that's before they even get to the Hell that is labour and childbirth.

It's so disheartening.

I KNOW it's not going to be a bed of roses. I'd be foolish to think otherwise.

BUT I'm looking forward to having a family of my own; the love that comes from a mother-child bond; the joy that comes from witnessing each and every milestone; the pleasure that comes from seeing him or her smile ...

That's what I CHOOSE to think about right now, because soon enough I'll be finding my own way through motherhood and making my own decisions about what constitutes Hell and what doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment