Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fear's creeping in ...

So here I am, 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant with all sorts of hazardous thoughts whizzing round my head. Why don't I FEEL pregnant? Has something gone wrong? Am I still pregnant? What if something has happened to the baby? What if I go for my 16 week antenatal appointment in 3 week's time and the midwife can't hear a heartbeat??!

If only I could look inside my tummy and just see that everything is okay, I'd be happy. Or even better, a daily ultrasound. Now THAT would be awesome :-)

I'm guessing these are normal fears for a first-time mom. I can't wait until I've got a bump, then I might feel more relaxed - at least I'll be able to see that the baby is actually growing!

In two day's time, my precious little button will be around 9cm long. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment