Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby's Heartbeat

After a couple of week's of anxiety over a distinct lack of pregnancy symptoms (no sickness, no obvious bump, no tiredness, no hunger, no more sore boobs, no more acne, etc., etc.) I invested £30 in a fetal doppler (baby heartbeat listener) called AngelSounds.

It arrived this weekend, along with a bottle of ultrasound gel, and boy was it worth the money.

I decided to try it out on my own at first and, try as I might, I couldn't hear anything other than my own heartbeat. Then Robin tried and within 30 seconds he'd picked up the baby's heartbeat. To make sure it WAS the baby's heart we counted the beats - 150 per minute compared to my slow, heavy 75 per minute.

I feel SUCH relief :-)

Even better, you can hear the baby moving around too - it makes a whooshing sound as it does.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment