Wednesday, July 8, 2009

16 week antenatal

16 weeks and 6 days pregnant today.

It was my 16 week antenatal appointment yesterday where I met my midwife for the first time. I have to say I'm not feeling overly inspired by her ... she was pretty dull, as was the appointment.

She took my blood pressure (100/60) then listened to the heartbeat, and that was it! Appointment over.

Oh, I also found out that I don't have syphilis, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis and my blood group is O+.

My next appointment is for a scan at 22 weeks where I'll find out whether it's a boy or a girl.

The baby is still sitting really low in my tummy - it's so low it feels like it's sitting in my nether regions. But the midwife seems to think this is fine, even though I need to wee constantly during the night. Hopefully the baby will move upwards soon; there's plenty of room to spare, and I want my bladder back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment