Sunday, May 17, 2009

Early Days

I found out three weeks ago that I am pregnant. Yay! My boyfriend and I are shocked but happy.

Facts:

I'm 37 and this is my first child.
It wasn't planned.
I was on the pill when I conceived (Micronor).
I have no idea how far down the line I am (the pill caused my periods to stop way back in January).

The doctor and I have guestimated that I'm around nine weeks. But I will probably get a better idea when I see the midwife on Wednesday.

At the moment it doesn't seem real. The only things that make me believe I'm actually pregnant are my boobs (which are really REALLY sore), a spotty forehead and an almost constant need to wee. Oh, and four home pregnancy tests - all positive!!

Before I knew I was pregnant, I felt exhausted all the time. Really, really tired like I'd climbed a mountain. I was in bed at 10pm, two hours earlier than normal and I was also feeling more stressed out than usual.

One of the more unexpected side effects of being pregnant is how thirsty I feel. I've never felt so parched in my life. I used to hate drinking water but now I crave it!

I can't believe I'm going to be a mom in around six and a half months time. I will only believe I have a little human being growing inside of me when I see it with my own eyes. Luckily my ultra sound scan is only two weeks away.

For the record, I think it's a girl.

2 comments: