Monday, October 12, 2009

Reality Bites

Okay, it's week 31 and the honeymoon period is finally over.

In the past week I have suffered from all manner of aches and pains including swollen ankles (my usually bony ankles are looking more like marshmallows these days) and the dreaded piles which were so painful on Friday and Saturday they had me in tears. I am genuinely more worried about the effect labour will have on the Emma Freuds than I am about the labour itself. Seriously, a red hot poker Edward II style would have been less painful ... and there was blood too. Not nice. Luckily I have an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday so it's top of my agenda. Rob is coming with me for a bit of moral support, which means I won't be able to do my usual down-play the symptoms routine. In addition, the not-so-nice hormones are back with a vengeance, leaving me grouchy and miserable and it doesn't help that I've been suffering from insomnia too. Grah!

What else can I report? Well, the little tinker seems to have discovered my ribs and is constantly getting his feet tangled up in them. But - as much as it makes me cringe - I love the feeling of him moving around inside me and I wouldn't have it any other way. I grow to love my little man more and more every day and can't wait to meet him in nine week's time.

Adieu x

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! that Third trimester is nasty isn't it? It's amazing the day you deliver how much you really do forget all the "crap". I hope the next 9 weeks goes a little more smoothly for you than it has been.
    Morning

    ReplyDelete